Monday, November 21, 2005

Jennifer Tilly has the Coolest T-shirts

Thats right IG is jealous of the vintage(?) T shirts that Jennifer Tilly always seems to be wearing. WSOP saw her sporting a Grateful Dead Skull and Roses T that made this old Deadhead proud. I've seen her in a Madonna T-shirt and a Psychedelic Furs T. Just too cool. Wonder where she gets them from? I must also give Jennifer props for snagging a younger man. I dont have much luck with the men my own age, Probably because I look about 8 years younger then I really am. The ones that do hit on me are usually married or have more issues then Time magazine. Goal for 2006: Pull a Jennifer Tilly by winning a WSOP bracelet and snagging a dude 14-15 or 10 years my Junior!! Women live longer then men right?

So Jennifer, if you and Phil (Laak) happen to be goggling your name and you happen to come across my blog please stop by to tell me where you get your shirts. I can trade you for old vintage Tye-dye from the 80's!!

Last Sunday, I made three final tables and bubbled in 11th in another one. A 6th, a 7th and a 10th. The 7th place finish was for the Shark Army tour and was held on Bodog (check out www.sharkpokertour.com )I was kind of devastated about that one because the top three places earned spots into the $100k guarantee Bodog has each weekend. The buyin is $100+ $9. Pretty sweet prize. Plus first and second got some nice cash. I was the mid tourney chip leader after my AA held against a A9 and AK. I normally dont like multi-way pots playing my pockets but I knew one of the players from PA and figured I had him and I actually did put the other dude on AK. Good read by me. My aces held and I moved into the lead which I held for a while. Then I went completely card dead right around bubble time. I couldnt defend my blinds or attempt to steal with the short stacks moving all-in once they made the cash. I found myself down to about 22nd place and in a bit of a pickle. I had JetSet up and was talking to Jaykedog about my sucky hands 53os, 92os, A2. I then doubled up which got me back in the game and on to the final table. I made a valiant attempt at a comeback. I doubled up off Sharky, when I was about to blind out with 10-2os in the SB (figured I'd go out honoring Doyle) Sharky had 23 in the BB and I caught a ten. Then on the next orbit my luck didnt hold. Same scenario pretty much I made a move on him with A2 or A3 figuring I had him covered with the Ace. I did he had 65os with a spade. I hit two pair but he hit a spade flush and my luck didnt hold. Ouch but that's poker. I called it a night after that...I will get a second shot at a similiar tourney scenario when PA plays there in December. Top three will move onto the $100k.

In more news I now have a second shot at a WSOP seat. Next month I should play for a $1000 seat thru OPT. El and Syn from poker analysis have worked a deal with AP that they will award a PAer with a $1500 seat. By virture of earning 100 points in the buyin league this month I have booked my spot in the satellite. The field should be relatively small. 9 total from the freeroll league. The buyin league 100 pt baggers for the next three months and a few other surprize seats to be awarded. I cant imagine there being many more then 50 or so in this. Ideally I keep playing the buyins to prevent others from securing their spots. Not nice but heck this is poker!!

1 comment:

DarkLoveJr said...

Hey Girl. Wow, like no one ever posted a comment yet in you're blog. :P I found you're blog threw pokerjunkie.com

I agree about Jennifer and her T-shirts, they are mighty nice.

I'll come over more often to visit you're blog, but I have an Invitation for you this weekend.

I decided to invite 100 people to a private satelite. Prize will be a free Entry to a 100 000$ Tourney held on December 22nd, 2005.

I'm an affiliate of this site, and was giving a free Entry to the Main Event. I decided to pick 100 random from the net. They needed to know there poker and love the game as well. I think you fit more then enought. A blog about poker is Great. I'll even promote you're blog around my friends and customers.

If you're interested, just email me @ ottawapoker@gmai.com and I'll send you the link to be able to register. It will be held Sunday, December 18, 2005 @ 9:15pm.

Please just email me just to let me know if you're interested. I will return to see more of you're blog do, It was most amusing. :)

Hope to see you at the tourney.

Stephan
Pardon my English, lol, I'm you're french neighbourgh from Quebec. :)