Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

IG'S Turkey Day Menu:

Shrimp Cocktail for Appetizer

Herb and Mustard Turkey with Green Onion Gravy (Recipe courtesy Bon Appetit)

Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes with roasted shallots

Grandma Pulver's Stuffing

Louisiana Praline Yams

Creamed Onions

Green Bean Casserole ( moms contribution)

Homemade Cranberry Relish

Parker House Rolls ( didnt make them but would have if I had the time)

Apple something or other. My mom cheated and didnt make Grannys Apple Crisp as I asked.

One Peppermint Mocha on the Way.

I had all sorts of other little dishes I wanted to make ala dessert and quick breads but I ran out of time. I am quite the accomplished little chef when I get rolling and enjoy my time spent in the kitchen. My knife skills are a little rusty but came back pretty quick. Now if I can get Snake to hook me up with a nice saddle of venison or tenderloin from his deer take which stood at two as of Tuesday nite, I can show my skills with game. (His dads venison pepperoni and Jerky which I snacked on at Foxwoods is very good. Ive been salivating ever since the Top Chef Contestants used Elk in a Challenge.

2 comments:

BamBam said...

That sound fantastic IG !!!
(except the praline yammy thingy-ma-bob thatI'd hate, but would make Pebbles melt for sure)

I hope the holiday's are everything you want.

Oh and uh...thanks for making me so hungry all of a sudden!
;o}

Astin said...

mmmmm... elk. I've got elk roast, steaks, and sausages in my freezer, and a few pepperettes left in my fridge.

eeelllllk....