Sunday, December 14, 2008

Icestorm- No longer a Semi refugee

I just got gas and electric, my digital phone, cable and internet back after almost 60 hours without power. Still no water as we turned the main water line off to my condo which has 8 units (4 up/4 down) to avoid the pipes freezing and breaking.

At the lowest point this AM my condo was 30 degrees as it had dropped to 16F or so during the nite. When I came back tonite to feed Bailey and check out the situation it had risen to 34 with temperatures rising by the half hour. It is now 51 degrees at casa IG.

I have a fridge/freezer half full of food that needs to be discarded. Luckily I had done no holiday baking yet.

Cleanup begins.... luckily I only have a four day week this week and I wont have to go into the office to do it.


Ill write more when I can and I took pictures of the trees uprooted right out of the ground. One just missed my SUV.

2 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

Wow, that sounds miserable.

I hope all returns to "normal" soon.

OhCaptain said...

Sending happy thoughts your way.

Diddo what Zooks said.