Saturday, May 29, 2010

WSOP Fantasy -Event #3 ($1,000) Donkament #1

Only one WSOP event begins today: the first of the $1000 buy-in weekend donkaments. It's scheduled for 4 days and up to 5000 are expected to enter. The chance of any of my 15 horses actually cashing let alone final tabling is probably nil. Last year I had a bunch of goose eggs in these events and expect no different.

I doubt any of my horses in the 50k event will trouble themselves with running back and forth between two tables unless there is some kind of absurd prop bet going on where someone like Phil Ivey will attempt to play all events. I eliminated all my 50k horses from inclusion in my picks for today's event.

I went heavy on internet phenoms who will undoubtedly chip up or bust out early. Full Tilt's list of pros you can pick is fairly limited and consists mostly of Team Full Tilt, Full tilt red pros, WSOP prior year final tableists (of the last two years or so) and WSOP Main Event Champions. For example I cant pick the likes of Bryan Micon, Shane Schleger or Yevgeniy Timoshenko or numerous other tour champions.

Event #3 ($1,000) No-Limit Hold'em (4 day)

Position Player
A Player Luke "__FullFlush1__" Schwartz
A Player Dennis Phillips
A Player Shaun Deeb -
A Player Nikolay Evdakov duh was playing 50k still
A Player Jacobo Fernandez
B Player Josh Arieh duh was playing 50k still
B Player Steve "mrsmokey1" Billirakis duh was playing 50k still
B Player Ivan Demidov
B Player Alexander Kravchenko busted day 1B
B Player Eric Froehlich
C Player Amanda Baker
C Player Issac "westmenloAA" Baron playing day 1B
C Player Jean-Robert Bellande
C Player Andrew "luckychewy" Lichtenberger - playing day 1B
C Player Jon "PearlJammed" Turner busted day 1A, not playing again till 2-7TD Tuesday


As for the 50k event 105 players remain. There were only 11 bust-outs yesterday: Dan Shak, Tom "Durrr" Dwan, Marc Karam (I have actually sat at the same tourney table with him at Turning Stone), Greg "FBT" Mueller, Brian Townsend, Mike Matusow####(who I picked and removed prior to submitting my final picks) and Daniel Alaei to name a few. I had none of these guys in my stable. Dan Shak was a thought as he had a great 2009 but he isnt a choice, only his ex-Beth is. Annette Obrestad did not play and isn't in Vegas yet based on a tweet that she is still in Norway for her mom's birthday. I also don't believe Jeff Madsen, David Williams or Peter Eastgate are playing the 8 game mix. I believe I have 11 of 11 in still. David Bach, last years champion when it was played as HORSE will probably not repeat as he has dipped to roughly 33k chips of the original 150k starting stack.

Action begins about 3PM EST. Follow the live reporting over on PokerNews.com and of course the great coverage on Dr Pauly's Tao of Poker, Pokerati, and Wicked Chops Poker to name a few.

####Correction: Mike Matusow actually made it thru to Day 2. He was incorrectly listed by WSOP officials as out.

No comments: