Monday, July 23, 2007

Off to T-Rock

Mondays are always the busiest days for my job. I did get my weekly half hour off the phones to clean up stuff. Since I have no old stuff to resolve I spent it working on some claims. Then I got one hour off the phone to process claims. I had to jump back on the phone at 6 PM for my final hour. When I start getting phone calls from members rather then dentists, I know there are too many people on the phone. We now have a lot more people on the phones till 7 PM. All Work at homers are on till 7 PM we have 14 more reps going home over the next couple of months. Plus all new hires are on till at least 6 PM. I'm just hoping that I will regularly be pulled to process claims once we have an army of CSPs on the phones late. I'm also planning on seeing if once we lose overtime (Bangaloring more claim work would accomplish that) if I can go to a four day work week Monday thru Thursday 8:30 to 7 PM with Fridays off. It's a goal if I can tolerate the ten hour days.

I have hereby declared that Saturdays may be a poker free zone for IG. Why because in every tourney I played on Saturday I got beat by hands that people had no business calling some of my raises with in no limit (58os for one against my bigger pp) and Omaha 8 and razz starting hands that had my head spinning. I am beginning to get resentful against these folks who are nice people and am tired of playing people who do the same fucked up things week after week. That being said I am used to a much better caliber of play then I find in even a $10 buy-in other then the Mookie. So, I may just stick my nose in the air and say bye bye to all the little forum friends and foes Ive made. You served me well but my time with you all is done. And by the way I'm SUPERHOT on sharkscope right now and most of you people are LOSERS and always will be....

Now, Sham was the witness to some of the IG run-overs. He also thought I was having a really bad day because he thought something tragic happened to my plants when I told him I was playing IG Scissor hands and had given them haircuts. Damn, should have played up that pity party. Anyway, he gave me a good chuckle as I explained I had pruned them all back (it was a leap of faith) to stimulate regrowth and by Jebus it worked. My plants are rocking and rolling again even after the brutal beating they took in the rains that we had.

I don't get our local newspaper. I don't even get USA Today everyday anymore. So somehow I missed all this hubbub about the NBA referee scandal. If you are an avid reader of MiamiDon you will no that he has a very good grasp on the sports betting scene. I always read his stuff with interest on fading etc. He's been singing the fix has been in for a long time and guess what the man appears to have been right all along. Once again Hoyazao has an excellent Monday report on his blog about this latest scandal. Here I was thinking that nothing could top the Tour De France doping scandals that arise every year, then Michael Vick and now this. Wowzer.....

My hot reads of the weekend were the Full Tilt Strategy guide with special attention to Andy Bloch's session. I'm going to say this the man is a genius and he'd be that without going to MIT or Harvard etc. His information is presented really well. I'm pretty smart, hell I got the highest SAT score for verbal in my high school class but sometimes smarties don't present themselves well, we talk over peoples heads. Ive been mired in David Sklansky's stinking Sklansky-Chubokov numbers for a good couple of weeks now and am about ready to drop kick it over to Snake5970 to read. Then Andy comes along with his own fabulous charts and explanation and the light bulb went off in my head. Now Sklansky is a smart man (Ive heard him called pompous) but really he needs to learn to dummy down his writings and calculations for the little people. I wonder if he whispers sweet SC numbers to Brandi Hawbaker when hes "instructing" her? And what the heck happened to Brandi? What the heck happened to Jennicide and her announcement to play in lingerie at this years Main Event? Hmmm? Guess the woman with her tits on the table outdid them both.

My next really interesting read of the weekend was a Bluff magazine article on high stakes cash game player Brian Townsend aka Sbrugby. To think he only joined CardRunners on 1/1/2006 and now he plays the highest of high stakes and has the most profit of all online pros to the tune of like 5 million in one table I saw. Double WOWZEr. Maybe if Neteller funds show up in my bank account soon I will invest in Cardrunners as I intend to start playing more cash games.

Which leads me to my final segue of the evening before I sigh off for the MATH... Off to Turning Stone tomorrow. I plan on playing the noon tourney there and then donk it up at the $1/$2 Cash game. Snake gave me a little pep talk and MiamiDons Vegas words echo in my head but I still have that little feeling of agita. Its the same one when I first donned a wetsuit and swam in open water for the first time. I'm over my head............................

MONDAYS AT THE HOY up next... Password as always is HAMMER...

5 comments:

lj said...

congrats on third place in math and gl at turning stone!

Chad C said...

How many tournaments has Sklansky won?

MarkGreb said...

I hope I didn't chase you off the AcesCracked games by my donkey style in those tourneys. :(

RaisingCayne said...

IG,
GG at the MATH... Enjoyed playing with ya. Sorry Waffles had to take you and I out in the end.

I like the blog, I'll be sure to add it to the reading list.

'til next time, good luck!
~RaisingCayne

RaisingCayne said...

I forgot... JUST in case you were curious...
"I'm a talkin' donkey" ...
http://www.atalkindonkey.blogspot.com/

~RaisingCayne